Cold weather calls for a hot drink to keep you warm. This season I made my very own recipe of homemade Macao Hot Chocolate, a mixture of Maca and Cacao Powder. I thought why not trying something different than the usual cocoa powder.
Apart from trying something different, cacao and maca has many health benefits that I believe is very essential to keep in mind these days. Food is food, health is health; but there is a middle way to always opt for i.e. healthy food. Cacao powder is the purest form of chocolate containing antioxidants, magnesium and fiber. Also, Maca Powder is good for fatigue and memory. It also acts as an energy booster that is considered similar to coffee.
You can also serve it with whipped cream, considering the time of serving. Since, I make it for breakfast, therefore, I don’t include any.
Macao Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups almond milk
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 1 tb maca powder
- 2-3 tbs maple syrup, according to taste
- Cinnamon, according to your taste
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above in a blender. Add 1-2 tbs of coconut oil as well. Once the mixture is made, transfer it to a medium saucepan and heat
- Add more almond milk if it thickens. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste
- Lastly, serve with whipped cream or crushed dark chocolate (optional)