Indian potato cutlets are always famous and a treat for the people in the parties or any function at home. They can be served as an appetizer or they can also be served with rice.
Best part of Indian Potato Cutlets is they require very less time in making and require very few ingredients. Usually cutlets can be made in 30-40 minutes depending on the expertise.
As an appetizer, cutlets can be served with ketchup or mint chutney. You can also add different other ingredients in cutlets like boiled eggs, chicken to make it taste better or according to what you like.
Lets have a look at its ingredients:
- Potato (1/2 KG) Boiled
- Green Chilies
- Fresh Coriander leaves (1/2 bunch)
- Lemon Juice (1 tbsp)
- Red Chili Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin (1/2 tsp)
- Black Pepper (1/2 tsp)
- Sesame Seed (1 tbsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp or according to your taste)
- Eggs (1-2)
- Oil (For Frying)
- Peel the potatoes and boil them,
- Mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- Add salt, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, chili flakes, lemon juice, cumin, black pepper, sesame seed, green chili and coriander leaves in the potatoes and mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Create small cutlets with hand using that mixture.
- [box type=”info”]You can add boiled eggs in the cutlets.[/box]
- Heat the oil for frying.
- Dip cutlets in beaten eggs and fry till they are golden brown.
- Serve with Ketchup or Mint Chutney/