I know what you are thinking, Fried Chicken Steak! But How, Why? Even I was confused when I heard there exist something like Fried-Chicken-Steak. It really was a big deal for me to understand was it just chicken steak or ‘fried’ ‘chicken’ steak? But what’s interesting is that it’s simply a steak that is fried and breaded. It is suppose to be fried in the oil to make it deliciously tender. Pounding and forking the steak with slight cuts can do the job. I looked around and found that this fried chicken steak is served with extra gravy on the top. Now, why would someone drown the steak in gravy? Well, that’s a tradition. No one can question the tradition when something like this dish tastes damn good.
So todays lets try out easy way to cook Fried Chicken Steak and please do comment in the section below that how was your experience.
Fried Chicken Steak
- 1 chicken steak (shape according to your taste)
- ½ tb salt
- 1 tb grounded pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 tbs flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper (according to your taste)
- Take a shallow dish and put the flour into it. Mix salt and pepper along with eggs in it. Now place the chicken into it and make sure all of its sides are dredged with the mixture.
- Take a large frying pan; heat it up over a medium heat with oil in it. Now add the steak and cook until brown and crispy. Set aside when ready.
- Take a saucepot and melt the duck fat (oil) over a medium heat. Sprinkle the flout into it and stir until it becomes combined. While stirring, add the milk and chicken broth into the mixture. Cook it thoroughly and whisk until slightly thickens. Add salt and pepper into it according to your taste.
- Top the fried stake with the prepared gravy and Enjoy!