It is undoubtedly the most affordable, fulfilling and rewarding dish of all. Just a handful of spices and a squeeze of lemon transforms into the most incredible flavor. I love Arabic Shawarma and I know for sure that it is an absolute pleaser for even the fussiest of eaters.
Whether you are entertaining a large group of people or treating yourself, this go to feast doesn’t disappoint me. It takes 5 minutes to marinate the chicken and 15 minutes to prepare Shawarmas for the lot.
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 tb coriander
- 1 tv cumin
- 1 tb cardamom
- tb cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tbs salt
- Black pepper, according to taste
- 2 tb lemon juice
- 3 tb olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tb Cumin
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Pita Bread or regular flatbread
- Salad (Carrot, tomato, onion, mint, cucumber)
- Combine the Marinade ingredients in a large bowl; add the chicken in it and make sure all sides are coated. Use your hand if possible for thorough coating. It is better to marinate a day before using it for better taste.
- Combine the yoghurt sauce ingredients in another bowl. Stir it and put it in the fridge until required.
- Heat the BBQ Grill on a medium heat and put oil on it. There is no need to oil it extra because the marinade material had olive oil included in it.
- Place the chicken on the frill and cook. Each side will take 4-5 minutes until red, crispy and prepared.
- Remove the chicken and cover it in a foil for 5-10 minutes.
- Now take a piece of flat bread or pita bread and put the chicken in it to make a wrap. Top it with salad ( if you like) and drizzle yogurt sauce over it.